Mickeys Top Tips for your Holiday in Orlando
Before you depart
• Always buy your Attraction tickets in advance NOT at the gate, you will save money and time. Plan you days at the theme parks the follwoing links will help you!
• Make sure you take both parts of your driving license, you will need both to
• Tipping is expected in Florida for good service a general guide is around 15 % for example a $ 20.00 bill or “Check” as the American call it you should leave $3.00 for $ 50.00 you should give $ 7.50.
• Due to the new US Immigration procedure that comes into effect in January 2009, you should register on line at least 2 weeks before you fly.
• When filling in your immigration / Customs forms use BLOCK CAPITALS and try to avoid mistakes as this may get you sent to the back of the queue, you will need 1 x Immigration (Green Form) for each member of the party and only 1 x Customs (White Form) for each family group / name. You will be given the forms before landing in the USA.
Also make sure you have the address of Mickeys Paradise with you to input on the form to show where you are staying in the USA.
• Take some dollar bills with you and keep them handy for the tolls you will need around $3-$4 dollars in bills or change.
• If it is your first visit to Orland we would recommend you to take a GPS (sat nav) unit with you with North American Maps, it will help you getting around. You can reserve one with your hire car or we can hire one to you for a fraction of the cost you will pay the hire firms, with all the attractions already pre programmed in.
• If it’s your first visit to Orlando the best book is the “Brit Guide to Orlando” from Amazon or any good book shop. We have a copy in the villa for your use when in Orlando. We also have the Universal Guide for Guest use to plan the holiday.
• Make sure you have any prescriptions in your hand luggage and in a clear plastic bag for inspection by security at the airport before you go through to departures.
• Do not drink too much alcohol on the aircraft if you are the driver of the hire car it’s too easy to have one more when you are on a long flight!
When you are in Orlando
• When going to a Theme Park the car parks are Huge so take a note of where you are parked or alternatively take a photo of your row number and section on your digital camera or phone this way you can find your car at the end of a long day.
• Take bottled water with you to the Parks; you can always fill up the bottles at the water fountains as the water is safe to drink.
• Queue up at least an hour before the Disney Parade starts and sit on the left hand side of Main Street facing the castle to get the best view and stay in the shade to keep cool.
• Stay on a little later in Summer to see the Disney Fireworks in the Magic Kingdom
• The best way to tour the World Showcase in Epcot is to start from Canada and continue anti clockwise.
• If you are having Lunch or Dinner in Epcot choose the Lunch Menu as they are almost the same and cheaper!
• You must stay for the Epcot Fireworks try and find a space at the Cantina De Angle or the Rose and Crown Pub they are the best spots and be there early around 45 mins before the display starts.
• If you are going to Universal Studios you must do the “Revenge of the Mummy” and try to get the back row seating.
• Take a waterproof bag with you to put your valuables and camera in as most of the theme park water rides do get you very wet.
• Be warned the first 14 rows of the “Shamu Show” at Seaworld is in
• At Busch Gardens go early to see the animals with fantastic photo opportunities as they tend to hide away in the hot afternoon sun.
• If you have an evening flight home why not go to Gatorland on your final day as its only 20 minutes drive to Orlando International Airport.
• If its raining and you have free day try Wonderworks / Ripley’s or the Titanic Experience on International Drive
• Want to learn to surf, why not book a lesson at Typhoon Lagoon now has a surf school 2 hours before the park opens call 407 939 7529 to book in advance.
• Water parks are a wonderful way of cooling down in the hot Florida sun, but don’t forget your sun cream a high factor is highly recommended for a day by the water.
• It’s a good idea to get a cheap waterproof camera from any of the supermarkets to take some fantastic photos at the water parks.
• Keep a look out for discount coupons they will save you money and try and get a “Kids Eat Free” card for around £10.00 before you go that will save you money www.attractiontickets.co.uk
• Playing golf? Then don’t take balls with you as they are inexpensive and also good quality clubs are available for hire as well from all the golf clubs.
• Have a look at the Florida County web site for more things to do on www.visitflorida.com
• Going out at night take some form of ID with you even if you are over 30 as some bars will ask for it “No ID No Drink” also don’t be offended if asked who the other drinks are for as its Florida Law to ask.
• Going to Universal City Walks then go after 6.00pm the car parking if free and you can get closer to the entrance as well.
• If you are going to celebrate a birthday or occasion be sure to let your server know you may get to be the centre of attraction
• Try the Breakfast Buffet at some restaurants the “all you can eat breakfast” is fantastic value, and it’s a good way of starting the day!
• Do not buy electrical goods in the USA as they will not work without an adapter as they have 110 volt and not the UK / Irish 220 volt. Also some Game Cubes and DVD’s will not work.
• Shopping at Macy’s take your passport to the Customers Services Desk and they will give you a “Discount Card” and you can get a further 11% off the already good prices.
• You can go to www.ibvs.com for up to $400.00 worth of discount coupons
• Visit the Concierge Office at Mall at Millenia and fill out a form to receive
• Did you know that if you purchase anything from Wal-Mart, you can return any faulty or wrong size goods to any ASDA stores in the UK for a full refund as long as you have the receipt?
GOING HOME (Where did time go?)
• Please be advised to leave all your luggage unlocked when you check in as some times your case may be opened by the TSA security at the airport and they have right to access any case!
• Save some film or card space on your digital camera for some photographs in the airport, the Disney and Kennedy Space Centre outlets, you may even meet Mickey there!
• Don’t forget to charge up the Nintendo’s / PSP’s for the long journey home or buy extra batteries from Wal- Mart to keep the kids occupied at the airport waiting for the flight.
Don’t forget to re book “Mickeys Paradise” for your next visit to Orlando when you get home.